LOGIN

We’ve run into another one of those weeks when it’s probably best to avoid two-start streaming.  It’s not as despicable as we’ve gotten this season, but there are really only four or five realistically streamable options in week 14.  Meanwhile, there are roughly 1,000 two-start turds for the week ahead.  If you’re lucky enough to get your greedy hands on one of the few gems, good for you.  But if you’re late to the party, don’t bother.  Steer clear of this mess and roll with your core arms.

As always, probable pitchers are subject to change.  For a look at all fantasy baseball streamers, click that link.

MUST START

Clayton Kershaw (@COL, @SF); Stephen Strasburg (MIL, SD); Jordan Zimmermann (MIL, SD); John Lackey (SD, @LAA); Doug Fister (@TOR, @CLE)

• Start ’em.  Do it.

FIRST TIER

R.A. Dickey (DET, MIN); Matt Moore (@HOU, CWS); A.J. Griffin (CHC, @KC); Jeff Locke (PHI, @CHC); Patrick Corbin (@NYM, COL); Lance Lynn (@LAA, MIA); Kris Medlen (MIA, @PHI)

• We’re a little lighter than usual in terms of big upside, waiver-available guys this week, but you’re not completely out of luck.  If you’re scrounging, start with A.J. Griffin (51% owned in Y! leagues), who’s coming off of his best start of his young career.  I expected big things from Griffin this year, but he’s been rather uninspiring throughout the first half.  I’m hoping that he’ll ride Wednesday’s completo to more consistent production — starts against the Cubs and the Royals in week 14 should help in that regard.  Surprisingly, Jeff Locke (76%) is still floating out there on waivers in far too many leagues, but I imagine no one in those leagues is reading this site.  The rest of this first tier is most certainly owned.  As usual, everyone from this group is a quality option and should be started.

SECOND TIER

Jered Weaver (STL, BOS); Roberto Hernandez (@HOU, CWS); Andy Pettitte (@MIN, BAL); Justin Grimm (SEA, HOU); Jose Fernandez (@ATL, @STL); Yovani Gallardo (@WAS, NYM); Jeremy Hefner (ARI, @MIL); Homer Bailey (SF, SEA);

• Tier two offers a few more options for those of you exploiting the two-start scene.  Both Roberto Hernandez (2%) and Justin Grimm (4%) are worth a look given the juicy match-ups.  I actually toyed with the idea of slotting Jeremy Hefner (3%) in tier one, but thought better of it — his upside just doesn’t meet first tier expectations.  Still, Hefner has been steady for a couple months now, and he’s been especially reliable in the month of June.  I’m definitely comfortable using him in the coming week.  In shallow leagues, you might be able to snag Andy Pettitte (47%) or Jose Fernandez (64%), but I doubt much else is available from this group.

THIRD TIER

Jason Hammel (@CWS, @NYY); Chien-Ming Wang (DET, MIN); Joe Saunders (@TEX, @CIN); Luis Mendoza (CLE, OAK); Erik Bedard (TB, @TEX); John Danks (BAL, @TB); Scott Kazmir (@KC, DET); Phil Hughes (@MIN, BAL); Samuel Deduno (NYY, @TOR);
Robbie Erlin (@BOS, @WAS); Jason Marquis (@MIA, @WAS); Tim Lincecum (@CIN, LAD); Scott Feldman (@OAK, PIT); Cole Hamels (@PIT, ATL); Bronson Arroyo (SF, SEA); Wade Miley (@NYM, COL);

• We have a crowded third tier this week, and I’d do my best to avoid all of these dudes, but there are a few guys here that might warrant consideration in unique scenarios.  Robbie Erlin is an intriguing rookie with superb command.  He likely would’ve worked his way into the second tier if it weren’t for the tough start versus Boston to begin the week.  Erlin’s teammate, Jason Marquis, avoids the Red Sox in his two-start slate, drawing Miami instead.  He’s a tough guy to trust, but the match-ups are quite favorable.  Bronson Arroyo, too, is the beneficiary of a nice week 14 schedule.  There are others here who might help with counting stats, but this group, as a whole, will only make your ratios suffer.  There’s not much mixed league material in these parts.

DON’T START

Jose Alvarez (@TOR, @CLE); Scott Diamond (NYY, @TOR); Dallas Keuchel (TB, @TEX); Shaun Marcum (ARI, @MIL); Tom Koehler (SD, @STL); Roy Oswalt (LAD, @ARI); Wily Peralta (@WAS, NYM)

• Sit these fools.