QB dilemma

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
Cubes10

QB dilemma

Postby Cubes10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:26 pm

14 team league where QBs passing TDs are worth 4 instead of 6 points. QBs went early in my draft and I got stuck with Josh Freeman as my QB (yikes!).

One of my leaguemates is offering Flacco. I have Torrey Smith which would be a nice combo to have but I'm not convinced I'd rather have Flacco over Freeman. I see that they're ranked right next to eachother at Razzball, so who do you think has more upside?

I like that Freeman actually has a #1 WR to go to in Vincent Jackson and to a lesser extent Dallas Clark. Also having a RB that can actually catch a pass (screw you Blount) can only help. But for some reason I always seem somewhat drawn to Flacco. It's nice having Torrey as a deep threat and Anquan as a security blanket.

Who do you think has the better season this year in my league format: Flacco or Freeman? I tend to always go with upside.

David_KOA

Re: QB dilemma

Postby David_KOA » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

14 team league where QBs passing TDs are worth 4 instead of 6 points. QBs went early in my draft and I got stuck with Josh Freeman as my QB (yikes!).

One of my leaguemates is offering Flacco. I have Torrey Smith which would be a nice combo to have but I'm not convinced I'd rather have Flacco over Freeman. I see that they're ranked right next to eachother at Razzball, so who do you think has more upside?

I like that Freeman actually has a #1 WR to go to in Vincent Jackson and to a lesser extent Dallas Clark. Also having a RB that can actually catch a pass (screw you Blount) can only help. But for some reason I always seem somewhat drawn to Flacco. It's nice having Torrey as a deep threat and Anquan as a security blanket.

Who do you think has the better season this year in my league format: Flacco or Freeman? I tend to always go with upside.
I think both QB's will give fantasy owners very similiar passing yards & TD's. The big difference between the two will come from the rushing numbers. Josh Freeman can give you around 300 rushing yards and 3 TD's. Joe Flacco might get you in the ball park of 100 yards and 1 TD.

Stick with what ya got at the moment.

You must have some nice quality depth at your skill positions being you have Josh Freeman as your QB. Why not look to make a trade with a team, who might have went with a couple QB's early? Also what other options are on the free agent market right now?

Cubes10

Postby Cubes10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 am

Other QB options on the waiver wire are:

Alex Smith
Bradford
Ponder
Cassel
Weeden
Kolb
Locker
Gabbert
Garrard
More no names

Considering adding Bradford...thoughts?

My team is as follows:

QB - Freeman
RB - Rice
RB - Bradshaw
RB/WR - Murray
WR - Green
WR - Maclin
WR/TE - Torrey Smith
TE - Finley
IDP -
D/ST - Bengals
K -
BN - Spiller
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - Leshoure
BN - Steve Smith (STL)
BN - Randall
BN - Little
BN - Sanders

I don't have an IDP or K right now since we had to draft so early, figured might as well take a flier on two guys until the season starts to see how they do in camp.

David_KOA

Postby David_KOA » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Other QB options on the waiver wire are:

Alex Smith
Bradford
Ponder
Cassel
Weeden
Kolb
Locker
Gabbert
Garrard
More no names

Considering adding Bradford...thoughts?

My team is as follows:

QB - Freeman
RB - Rice
RB - Bradshaw
RB/WR - Murray
WR - Green
WR - Maclin
WR/TE - Torrey Smith
TE - Finley
IDP -
D/ST - Bengals
K -
BN - Spiller
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - Leshoure
BN - Steve Smith (STL)
BN - Randall
BN - Little
BN - Sanders

I don't have an IDP or K right now since we had to draft so early, figured might as well take a flier on two guys until the season starts to see how they do in camp.
I would not drop any of your skill players(bench) for Sam Bradford or any of those QB options. If you did want to say drop the Bengals team defense for a QB. I would say it should be for Alex Smith. He did finish as the 14th best QB(fantasy) last year.

As your roster stands, I would shoot emails out to the owners who have Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Eli Manning & Philip Rivers. It does not hurt to see what the asking price is for any of these QB's. Also check in with the owners who have RGIII, Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler & Big Ben.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”