Richardson or Forte

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
Rayallen77

Richardson or Forte

Postby Rayallen77 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:45 pm

In a PPR League who would you rather have:

QB: Freeman or Fitzpatrick

RB: Richardson or Forte

WR: Jordy Nelson or Miles Austin

Thanks

David_KOA

Re: Richardson or Forte

Postby David_KOA » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 pm

In a PPR League who would you rather have:

QB: Freeman or Fitzpatrick

RB: Richardson or Forte

WR: Jordy Nelson or Miles Austin

Thanks
Josh Freeman vs Ryan Fitzpatrick
When looking at both these QB's it really seems to be a coin toss situation. They should be look at as options to be solid QB2 options. I would have to say the determing factor for me would be Josh Freemans upside in the rushing yards & TD's department. I also think that he will have a better turnover ratio then Fitzpatrick.

Trent Richardson vs Matt Forte
I'm going to give the edge in total TD's to the rookie in Clevland. That being said I think we will see a good separation in the the total yards and catches in favor of Matt Forte. Both backs should be viewed as RB1 options(any format) but I think it's a clear choice(PPR) in favor of Matt Forte for me.

Jordy Nelson vs Miles Austin
Like your the QB's above, I would put this in the toss up department. When looking at both players situation, one would see that less hands to feed in Dallas. Plus who know what's going to happen with Dez Bryant. I think Jordy Nelson cracks double digit TD's again and could push for close to 1200 yards. As of now i would go with Jordy Nelson.

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't get the Richardson love. He's going to be a rookie running back. When is the last time a rookie RB produced at a first round level? Matt Forte in '08 is questionable... He had more of a 2nd round value season. It's an entirely different game now than it was even four years ago. In 2008, 6 QB's passed for 4,000 yards, 1 of those for 5,000, and 5 QB's attempted over 550 passes. Last year 10 QB's passed for over 4,000 yards, 3 of those for 5,000, and 8 QB's attempted over 550 passes. And that doesn't even tell the whole story because most of the 4,000+ QB's barely made it in '08 - only three had more than 4,100 yards - and last year 6 QB's had more yards than the 2nd place QB of 2008.

The last RB ROY was in 2007. In the 15 years leading up to and including 2007, RB's won the award 11 times. In fact, the past four years' ROY RB drought is the longest streak EVER that an RB hasn't won offensive ROY. The previous record of 2 straight years happened only twice since 1967. It's a passing league right now... If you're going to draft any rookie extremely high, it ought to be a QB or a WR.

Richardson didn't really face many top rush defenses last year in Bama, and when he did (LSU twice) he failed to run for 100 yards. The only other top 30 rushing defense he faced was Vandy, where he barely eclipsed 100 yards with 107. The bulk of his yards came against Florida (40th), Ole Miss (111th), Auburn (98th), GA Southern (FCS), and North Texas (72nd).

I expect a Ryan Mathews sort of letdown for Richardson owners. I don't think he'll be bad, but I seriously doubt that he is worth the price people are paying for him... I'd take Forte.

Anyway, I'll agree that Fitzpatrick/Freeman is a bit of a toss up. I'd probably take Fitzpatrick because Freeman doesn't have many receiver threats and because Tampa Bay's draft was very defense-heavy in addition to grabbing a second RB. I think that signals a plan to focus on the good ole days of Buccaneer defense dominating and their running game holding the ball. Plus Fitzpatrick's running backs are both very accomplished catching the ball out of the backfield. Blount is not and Martin hasn't gone up against NFL-caliber players yet.

And I'd take Nelson over Austin, just because I owned Austin last year in several leagues and I'm very spiteful over how his injuries injured my team.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Cubes10

Postby Cubes10 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

I'd take Freeman over Fitz. More upside with rush TDs and yards and has some good receiving options... Vincent Jackson being at the top of that list.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”