Quarterbacks and finding value in 2012.

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
David_KOA

Quarterbacks and finding value in 2012.

Postby David_KOA » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:59 am

I see that Sky has introduced us to his view on the QB pool for the new year. It got me to thinking what QB's at the moment are bringing us fantasy owners the best value. As I feel finding value at a position like QB(so very DEEP)! to be of very much importance. Looking over at FantasyFootballCalculator(FFC) and its 12 team ADP chart.

Michael Vick(3.12)- Just last summer over at FFC he was only lasting five picks into the draft(1.05). He has a healthy and paid WR duo(Maclin & D-Jax), discovered how helpful his TE(Celek) can be over the middle and regression in rushing TD's is in order for McCoy. It's hard to invision another QB that can bring more value come draft day.

Matt Ryan(7.04)- He has been the talk of the internet when it comes to QB's(fantasy) so far this year. With the repeated info coming from Atlanta that they are going to be throwing the football more, his weapons around him and his second half success last year. From weeks 10-16 he put up a line of 301.9 passing yards, 2.1 TD's & .42 INT's. It is hard not to want to jump on the Matt Ryan bandwagon for 2012.

Carson Palmers(11.02)- The Oakland Raiders and the passing game have value(fantasy) written all over it in 2012. It all starts with the man at QB(Palmer). From Week 9-17 he posted a stat line of 293 yards & 1.4 TD's. It's not a far fetch idea with the weapons around him that we could be looking at a low-end QB1(fantasy) come the end of 2012.

Those are three quarterbacks that stand out to me at the moment. When it comes to finding the best value for the QB position in 2012. I would say that Michael Vick and Matt Ryan are my top two favorites and hopefully will have one of the two as my QB1 for all my fantasy teams.

Now I know all of you will not agree with my thoughts and I would not expect it. If you feel like one of these three should not be on this list or you want to shine some light on another QB. Write about him on this thread and I can add him to the list.
Last edited by David_KOA on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky

Re: Quarterbacks and finding value in 2012.

Postby Sky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:44 am

With my rankings and my preferred tier named, it's fairly clear who I like so it would be nice to hear some feedback from Razzball nation.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

mtw02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mtw02 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

I agree with targeting these guys. Good call.

As an addition to this, a sidenote: I would remain skeptical on both Luck and RGIII. I think we're seeing an over reaction to RGIII because of Cam Newton last year. He'll probably be overrated.

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:51 pm

As a Falcons fan, all I can say is don't draft Matt Ryan in any leagues that count NFL playoff stats!!
<----Bitter.

12 Team H2H, 4 unrestricted keepers
C - Mike Napoli
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Jedd Gyorko
3B - Todd Frazier
SS - Jhonny Peralta
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Shin-Soo Choo
UTL - Brett Lawrie
UTL - Adam LaRoche
Bench - Austin Jackson
DL - Aaron Hill Hanley Ramirez

SP - Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jhoulys Chacin, Ervin Santana
RP - Glen Perkins, Heath Bell, Jose Veras, Ernesto Fireri, Edward Mujica, Carlos Marmol, J.J. Putz

RCL - Cracking the WHIP - Admiral Trey
C - Yadier Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Jedd Gyorko
SS - Jimmy Rollins
MI - Everth Cabrera
CI - Justin Morneau
OF - Jason Heyward, Shin-Soo Choo, Michael Morse, Nick Swisher, Ben Revere
UTL - Kendrys Morales
Bench - Garrett Jones, David Freese

SP - Justin Verlander, Cliff Lee, Ryan Dempster, Ubaldo Jimenez
RP - Jonathan Papelbon, John Axford, Glen Perkins, Ryan Cook, David Robertson

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 am

I'll be doing a 12-team auction on ESPN. Here are their standard prices:

Rodgers - 64
Brady - 59
Brees - 55
Stafford - 45
Newton - 31
E Manning -28
Vick - 24
Romo - 18
P Manning - 17
Rivers - 14
Ryan - 11
Roethlisberger - 10
Schaub - 8
Cutler - 5
RGIII - 4

Given that info, I think Romo, Rivers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger show great value. Any others you guys would pay a little extra for?

David_KOA

Postby David_KOA » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I'll be doing a 12-team auction on ESPN. Here are their standard prices:

Rodgers - 64
Brady - 59
Brees - 55
Stafford - 45
Newton - 31
E Manning -28
Vick - 24
Romo - 18
P Manning - 17
Rivers - 14
Ryan - 11
Roethlisberger - 10
Schaub - 8
Cutler - 5
RGIII - 4

Given that info, I think Romo, Rivers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger show great value. Any others you guys would pay a little extra for?
I would have to say you are right on point in your thinking. If I was to narrow my choices down I would be targeting Matt Ryan and Big Ben. The only thing I would add is if you do select Big Ben as your QB1. Then think about adding a QB like RGIII, Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler to pair him with him.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”