Clearance sale(FF) edition.

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
David_KOA

Clearance sale(FF) edition.

Postby David_KOA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I thought it would be fun to make a list of players at the moment who are costing nothing but bring value in return. All of these players at the moment seem to be after thoughts to the fantasy football community at the moment. I hope as the summer continues we will find more of these bargain players and can add them to the list. Hopefully the Razzball(football) community(Readers & Writers) will help out with the list. You see a player that you feel is being overlooked then write about him on this thread. I will go ahead and add him to the list of players. All the players that I am going to list first, I have either wrote about on one of the Razzball writers post or here on the message board. Everybody can draft a solid team in the first four or five rounds of a draft. It is the fantasy owners who can find the say "diamond in the rough" that are usually competing for a championship at the end.

All ADP numbers I will be using are coming from FantasyFootballCalculator(FFC)

Carson Palmer, QB, Oakland Raiders. ADP: Round 11.05(16th) QB off the board
After the week 7 disaster of having to come in at halftime and throwing three INT's vs the Chiefs. From week 9-17 put up a stat line of 293 yards and 1.4 TDs. You add a full off season with the likes of Moore, DHB & Ford. We have a QB that could be at the end of the finishing in the top 12(fantasy) for QB's.

Alex Smith, QB, San Fransico 49ers. Round 13.11(22nd) QB off the board.
Last season we saw Alex Smith finish as the 14th best QB(fantasy) in standard scoring formats. Now the 49ers have gone out and added weapons via FA & the draft. It would tend one to think that the 49ers are going to be throwing the football a bit more this year. If you are looking for a solid QB2 option and want to to pay nothing for it. Look no further then Alex Smith in 2012.

Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints. ADP: Round 12.08(51st) RB off the board
http://razzball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27108
Click the above^

Nate Washington, WR, Tennessee Titans. ADP: Round 10.05(44th) WR off the board.
So Kenny Britt can't seem to stay out of the doctors office or out of handcuffs. That leads me to this in weeks 3-17 in which Kenny Britt was hurt. We saw Nate Washington step up and give fantasy owners a stat line of 4.3 catches, 61.2 yards & .5 TD's. He is not going to give you what healthy Britt would but WR2 numbers are well with in reach.

Brent Celek, TE, Philadelphia Eagles. ADP: Round 15.03(15th) TE off the board.
The first five weeks of last year, he only saw 12% of the Eagles targets. Then from weeks 6-17 he saw his targets jump to 22%. In that time frame, Brent had a line of 4.1 catches, 67.09 YPG & .45 TD’s. If you project those numbers over a full 16 game season, we have a top 3 TE for fantasy in 2011.

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cinncinati Bengals. ADP: Round 10.11(12th) TE off the board.
In 14 games last year, he was targeted 93 times. That number put him in the top 11 for the TE position. We also add the fact the Bengals did not bring back Jerome Simpson and his 105 targets. They also did not add a vetren WR to take his spot. A full 16 game slate for Mr. Gresham in 2012 and he is going to be in the upper tier for targets among TE's. Right now you are paying for what he can do in 14 games. He should be viewed as a top 10 option with upside for much(much) more.
Last edited by David_KOA on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sky

Re: The bargain bin for 2012.

Postby Sky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:16 pm

I'll let the razzball crowd weigh in here :)
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

David_KOA

Re: The bargain bin for 2012.

Postby David_KOA » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 am

I have had to make a subtraction from the bargain bin 2012 team and that would be Michael Crabtree.

I think with the recent reports coming from the bay area of one Randy Moss and the added weapons via free agency and the draft. It makes it hard to see the value that I thought he was going to bring with his current asking price.

David_KOA

Re: Clearance sale(FF) edition.

Postby David_KOA » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I have gone ahead and added three names to the list:
QB- Alex Smith
WR- Nate Washington
TE- Jermaine Gresham
Each player has a brief breakdown on the OP.

Sky

Postby Sky » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm

The loss of Britt makes Nate a definite bargain going into the season. I don't know if I agree with you on Alex Smith. His lack of TOs (7 total) were what he brought to his team, not really any offensive clout (19 total TDs). I don't know if I believe in a 35 year old Moss changing the offensive dynamic enough to make him very fantasy worthy. I could see drafting him in a 12 team maybe but I actually see regression rather than growth, personally.

As we discussed on the board, I have Gresham in a tier that I think have a chance to be top ten at the TE position by the end of the year.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

David_KOA

Postby David_KOA » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm

I had to remove two players from the clearance sale list.
Kevin Smith, RB, Lions
I had to remove Kevin Smith not because, I don't like him this year. It's because he has seen a massive jump in his ADP. Over at FFC it has gone from round 12+ to the middle of the 7th round.

Doug Baldwin, WR, Seahawks
This is having to do with the mess of a WR crop that resides in Seattle. The Seahawks have added an extra couple bodies(Edwards & Owens). Both of those players plus Sidney Rice and Golden Tate come with big question marks. So he has a chance to still make an impact. At this moment, I just don't know and have found a liking for another WR.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”