Doug Baldwin and his 2012 outlook.

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
David_KOA

Doug Baldwin and his 2012 outlook.

Postby David_KOA » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm

A couple of Seattle WRs(Rice & Tate) have been in the news recently for injury updates. That got me to pondering about the Hawks WR situation for fantasy in 2012. When talking about Sidney Rice, usually it has to due with what new injury he has. In two years, Golden Tate averages 2 catches, 22.5 yards & .11 TDs

This brings me to Doug Baldwin and why I think he is being very under valued right now. In 2011 as rookie, when he was targeted at least six times in a game.
He averaged 4.8 Catches, 72.1 yards & .5 TDs over eight games.

Right now over at FantasyFootballCalculator(FFC) his current ADP sits at 14.04(60th) WR off the board! That ADP is also dropping as I type. With the looming question marks(Injurys & ability) over both the other WRs. Doug Baldwin looks to be a solid bench stash for fantasy owners in 2012. Especially for the owners who draft Sidney Rice. Could be getting a WR3 for the cost of a WR6 come draft day.

That is my take on Doug Baldwin this year in terms of fantasy. Does the football(Razzball) community agree with me? Would like to read, what other posters or writers think of Doug Baldwin and his prospects for 2012.

Sky

Re: Doug Baldwin and his 2012 outlook.

Postby Sky » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I think the only question regarding Baldwin is will the Hawks figure out who they want their quarterback to be in 2012 and how quickly they resolve it. The money says it's Flynn but they've been pretty unclear about it up to this point. Always love to see who a QB leans on the most when you have a potential new person at the helm. Demaryius Thomas was an afterthought until Tebow took over in Denver last year. I say he's a decent end game flier at this point with obvious room for more once the dust settles in Seattle.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

David_KOA

Re: Doug Baldwin and his 2012 outlook.

Postby David_KOA » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

A couple of Seattle WRs(Rice & Tate) have been in the news recently for injury updates. That got me to pondering about the Hawks WR situation for fantasy in 2012. When talking about Sidney Rice, usually it has to due with what new injury he has. In two years, Golden Tate averages 2 catches, 22.5 yards & .11 TDs

This brings me to Doug Baldwin and why I think he is being very under valued right now. In 2011 as rookie, when he was targeted at least six times in a game.
He averaged 4.8 Catches, 72.1 yards & .5 TDs over eight games.

Right now over at FantasyFootballCalculator(FFC) his current ADP sits at 14.04(60th) WR off the board! That ADP is also dropping as I type. With the looming question marks(Injurys & ability) over both the other WRs. Doug Baldwin looks to be a solid bench stash for fantasy owners in 2012. Especially for the owners who draft Sidney Rice. Could be getting a WR3 for the cost of a WR6 come draft day.

That is my take on Doug Baldwin this year in terms of fantasy. Does the football(Razzball) community agree with me? Would like to read, what other posters or writers think of Doug Baldwin and his prospects for 2012.

The Seattle Seahawks added an extra pair of hands(Braylon Edwards). Yes, this does affect my excitement(tad) of Doug Baldwin and his late round selection appeal. That being said, I will still have him as a late round target come draft day(s). Like I stated in my OP, the other WR's come with question marks.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”