LOGIN

Pablo Sandoval swings at everything.  Every.  Thing.  25% is around the average that a player will swing outside of the zone.  Pablo’s around 43%.  The amount he swings at inside the strike zone is around 82%, league average is just off 45%.  Thankfully, he makes contact with over 75% of pitches outside the strike zone vs. around the average of 62%.  Grey, I had two Vicodins for breakfast.  Can we skip the percentages?  Thanks! Okay, as Sandoval gets older, his glove and his free swinging ways could become an issue.  But right now, Pablo Sandoval is only 23.  Even if he’s a Latin 23 that only puts him at 27.  Still safe.  In 2010, Sandoval can hit another 20+ homers and continue to bat around .315.  In most leagues, he’ll lose his catcher eligibility, but I still think he can be a keeper at a corner position.  Just keep in mind, Sandoval doesn’t only share a body type with Billy Butler, he also shares his lack of big boy power.  Sandoval might approach 30 homers, but I wouldn’t expect much more than that.  He’s not inside Prince Fielder’s Russian nesting doll waiting to explode.  Anyway, here’s some more fantasy baseball keepers for 2010:

Ian Stewart – I’m not saying keep him over Utley or Hill, but he’ll be eligible at 2nd next year and he’ll only be 25.  Your apprehension with low averages already cost you Mark Reynolds this year.  “Those who something or something are destined to repeat it.”

Troy Tulowitzki – Confusing metaphor in 3, 2, 1… Tulo’s gritty and hard-nosed like a dock worker that only eats kielbasa.  Maybe that’s why he feels like he’s been around forever.  Like you expect him to show up in one of those black and white scratchy films where all the players toss the ball around like they’re on speed. Whatever the case, he’s only going to be 25 next year.  A 30/20 season is not out of the question.