Grady Sizemore - How long do I wait?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
hades1228

Grady Sizemore - How long do I wait?

Postby hades1228 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:16 am

Seriously. I've given Teixera a really long leash because I know he's going to turn it around. But Sizemore hasn't been good in a while and I don't see any flashes of hope here. Is it safe to say to drop this guy yet or is there still some chance he makes a come back?

memmelaar

Re: Grady Sizemore - How long do I wait?

Postby memmelaar » Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 am

I'm not a Sizemore fan myself, but don't just drop him. You could try and trade him. Your not going to get full value but you might find someone willing to take the upside risk with him.

thepizzaman

Postby thepizzaman » Mon May 17, 2010 7:32 am

Yeah, you can't just drop him this early. There has to be someone in your league willing to buy low on him..At this point (especially with the knee injury) i'd trade him for anything i can get. Even if its less than .50 for your $1
Last edited by thepizzaman on Mon May 17, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

birdis78

Postby birdis78 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:49 am

It's just brutal. I honestly don't see anyone in my league giving me anything more than what I could grab off the WW. Guys like Boesch and Snider are somehow still sitting out there on the WW as FA just beggin me to make the drop. Is Grady's upside really THAT much more than theirs at this point?
Yahoo H2H 1yr League (10 teams)
Batter Stats: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
Pitcher Stats: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, HLD
Roster: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
C: S. Perez
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Kipnis
3B: Donaldson
SS: A. Ramirez
CI: Rizzo
MI: Wong
OF: Cespedes
OF: Pederson
OF: Bruce
OF: Soler
OF: Aoki
UT: Bryant
BN: C. Davis (1B, 3B), Polanco
DL: Dickerson, W. Myers

SP: Kluber, Arrieta, Gray, McHugh, Pineda, Fiers, Rubby
RP: Perkins, Rondon, Ramos

hades1228

Postby hades1228 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 am

Yeah I'm with birdis on this one. There's way better stuff on the waiver wire than what I'm getting with Sizemore right now. You really think someone would trade something better than what I'm finding on waivers for Sizemore?

thepizzaman

Postby thepizzaman » Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 am

It's just brutal. I honestly don't see anyone in my league giving me anything more than what I could grab off the WW. Guys like Boesch and Snider are somehow still sitting out there on the WW as FA just beggin me to make the drop. Is Grady's upside really THAT much more than theirs at this point?

The only thing Grady has going for him right now is his name...you bring up a really interesting point about Grady's upside and i think the answer to that is no, his upside really isn't that much better than some guys in FA such as Boesch, Snider, and at this rate even someone like Josh Willingham or Aaron Rowand.

As I mentioned before, its really tough to drop a name like that but he is such a cancer to anyones team.

I would almost welcome a DL stink for Grady here to open up some roster space and maybe give him some time to fix himself if thats even possible.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”