My Razzballmitzvah

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Grey

Re: My Razzballmitzvah

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:56 am

Unfamiliar with roto and daily strategies. Think that owning/streaming some RPs with SP elig to plug in for SPs with the day off is viable/beneficial? Thinking Strahm, Bedrosian, McHugh, Stanek types. If so, would you roster any of them over Turnbull/Happ/McKay?
Yes, you have to do that in 60 games -- All of them over Turnbull -- I'd go with Strahm right now, but I'd keep switching them
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Is it more beneficial to maximize innings with SP-elig RPs plugged in for SPs on their day off regardless of matchups (sans against top offenses), or to try to pick on worse teams only? Not sure how important stat accumulation is compared to quality. There’s only a handful of options with dual-eligibility to pick from- Peacock, Diego castillo, chad green included.

PS- as a general rule, is it standard in daily leagues to be able to set your lineup for day games and get those stats, then sub out players for night games to double up daily?

PPS- I swapped Turnbull for Pablo Lopez, who I feel is among the most-asked about players on threads and post commentS lately.
12-team Daily Roto // R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB // K ERA WHIP QS K:BB NSV

C- been rolling without one
1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:07 am

Is it more beneficial to maximize innings with SP-elig RPs plugged in for SPs on their day off regardless of matchups (sans against top offenses), or to try to pick on worse teams only? Not sure how important stat accumulation is compared to quality. There’s only a handful of options with dual-eligibility to pick from- Peacock, Diego castillo, chad green included.

PS- as a general rule, is it standard in daily leagues to be able to set your lineup for day games and get those stats, then sub out players for night games to double up daily?

PPS- I swapped Turnbull for Pablo Lopez, who I feel is among the most-asked about players on threads and post commentS lately.
Better to max IP if matchups are tasty

You can't sub out guys who have gone in day games for new guys in night games, lineups lock after first pitch
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Able to get JoRam from a Braves fan for Riley+Fried (lol). In a normal H2H season, it's a no brainer, but would this make me rely on streaming pitchers too much for a roto league? Again, I'm not really sure of scoring/strategies.

FWIW, there is no inning cap for starters (is there normally?).

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:37 am

Able to get JoRam from a Braves fan for Riley+Fried (lol). In a normal H2H season, it's a no brainer, but would this make me rely on streaming pitchers too much for a roto league? Again, I'm not really sure of scoring/strategies.

FWIW, there is no inning cap for starters (is there normally?).
Yes, take JoRam
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Current info listed in sig...

Corbin or maeda + Grisham or Happ for woodruff + albies or muncy? Not sure if this improves me in roto. Which side is preferable, and which combo is most favorable offer?

Also, I know that maximizing innings and at bats is important (binked a Moreland homer today, woo!), but am I supposed to sit starters in bad matchups regardless? Like Corbin tomorrow vNYY or a martinez or castillo @MIN? Likewise, should I be looking to stream any random scrub who is facing a bottom 5 offense everyday, regardless of who they are?

Thanks for your thoughts, roto stat accumulation and daily lineups so foreign to me.

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:37 am

Current info listed in sig...

Corbin or maeda + Grisham or Happ for woodruff + albies or muncy? Not sure if this improves me in roto. Which side is preferable, and which combo is most favorable offer?

Also, I know that maximizing innings and at bats is important (binked a Moreland homer today, woo!), but am I supposed to sit starters in bad matchups regardless? Like Corbin tomorrow vNYY or a martinez or castillo @MIN? Likewise, should I be looking to stream any random scrub who is facing a bottom 5 offense everyday, regardless of who they are?

Thanks for your thoughts, roto stat accumulation and daily lineups so foreign to me.
Woodruff/Albies side -- send either SP, Maeda 1st

You have to start Corbin or any top SP everywhere, they're only going to have 10 starts all year
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Hosmer was dropped. I should know better than to invest at all, but how much FAAB would you drop on him?

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:44 am

$3
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am

Current team below. In roto, would it improve my team to trade 2 of seager/hosmer/dozier to get a bauer? Voit straight up? Not sure how much value ~7 starts has in roto compared to 40 games of offense. Thanks!

Update: I traded voit for bauer straight up, effective after this series, so the homer tonight counted for me 8-) Did i done goof?

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham