My Razzballmitzvah

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
yf4e10

My Razzballmitzvah

Postby yf4e10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:47 pm

Hey Grey,

Pretty sure this is my 13th year reading- been here since pretty much the beginning. Have my draft this weekend, and was playing around with some prospective strats. Thoughts on trying for something close to the following?

12 team H2H auction (R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB, QS K ERA WHIP K:BB NSV)

C whoever
1B Olson 18
2B Marte 21
SS Story 48
3B Sano 8
CI Walker 2
MI Gurriel 3
OF Harper 35
OF Eloy 20
OF Franmil 10
OF Dannys Antana 5
UTIL Dozier 2
UTIL Biggio 2

SP Giolito 20
SP Corbin 25
SP Woodruff 12
SP Fried 7
SP Maeda 4
P Keller 2
P Cease 2
P Urquidy 2
P Gibson 2
P Heaney 2

Values based on a combination of Yahoo's rankings/draft results YTD and auction values from last 2 years of league. So basically if a player is ranked 20th on yahoo and projected for $32 of value and the last 2 years of auctions in league the 20th ranked player went for 35 and 40, I listed at about 36. What say you?

Thanks again for my favorite content out there. Enjoying the pods, but fix that mic!
12-team Daily Roto // R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB // K ERA WHIP QS K:BB NSV

C- been rolling without one
1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Re: My Razzballmitzvah

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:13 am

Hey Grey,

Pretty sure this is my 13th year reading- been here since pretty much the beginning. Have my draft this weekend, and was playing around with some prospective strats. Thoughts on trying for something close to the following?

12 team H2H auction (R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB, QS K ERA WHIP K:BB NSV)

C whoever
1B Olson 18
2B Marte 21
SS Story 48
3B Sano 8
CI Walker 2
MI Gurriel 3
OF Harper 35
OF Eloy 20
OF Franmil 10
OF Dannys Antana 5
UTIL Dozier 2
UTIL Biggio 2

SP Giolito 20
SP Corbin 25
SP Woodruff 12
SP Fried 7
SP Maeda 4
P Keller 2
P Cease 2
P Urquidy 2
P Gibson 2
P Heaney 2

Values based on a combination of Yahoo's rankings/draft results YTD and auction values from last 2 years of league. So basically if a player is ranked 20th on yahoo and projected for $32 of value and the last 2 years of auctions in league the 20th ranked player went for 35 and 40, I listed at about 36. What say you?

Thanks again for my favorite content out there. Enjoying the pods, but fix that mic!
Thank you for your patronage! I love the team, hitting looks very solid, all guys I love...and pitching is stacked...Solid team!
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 pm

You keep up with the excellent content and I’ll keep spreading the word and buying you bobas!

Think the team is balanced enough? I’m suspicious that I don’t see any glaring holes. Any values stand out as particularly unrealistic? Is sano really that overlooked?

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 am

Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Just drafted. Changed the league to daily roto for this season (have played neither)... 12 teams snake (did auction last 5+ years). Rosters were also shrunk a bit and IL spots expanded in order to try to manage the chaos.

R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB
K ERA WHIP K:BB QS NSV

C- Mejia
1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- Hunter Dozier
SS- Story
CI- Voit
MI- Mondesi
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Riley
UTIL- Grisham

NA- Adell

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- Fried
RP- Hand
RP- Doolittle
P- Odorizzi
P- May
BN- Keller
BN- Happ
BN- McKay
BN- C-Mart
BN- Turnbull

What do you think? Not entirely sure how the scoring works, or how anything is gonna work in this lottery of a season, but I like many of my players. I was thrown off by Mondesi only having SS elig, I took him thinking he'd be my 2B, so I had two SS in first like 5 picks. Any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks as always, and please give Ted some extra belly rubs from me!

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:11 am

Just drafted. Changed the league to daily roto for this season (have played neither)... 12 teams snake (did auction last 5+ years). Rosters were also shrunk a bit and IL spots expanded in order to try to manage the chaos.

R HR RBI OBP SLG NSB
K ERA WHIP K:BB QS NSV

C- Mejia
1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- Hunter Dozier
SS- Story
CI- Voit
MI- Mondesi
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Riley
UTIL- Grisham

NA- Adell

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- Fried
RP- Hand
RP- Doolittle
P- Odorizzi
P- May
BN- Keller
BN- Happ
BN- McKay
BN- C-Mart
BN- Turnbull

What do you think? Not entirely sure how the scoring works, or how anything is gonna work in this lottery of a season, but I like many of my players. I was thrown off by Mondesi only having SS elig, I took him thinking he'd be my 2B, so I had two SS in first like 5 picks. Any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks as always, and please give Ted some extra belly rubs from me!
I think your team is stacked, I like the pitching a lot, and love the hitting...Only concerns are some of your backend SPs, but you should be streaming anyway this year, so it's all good...If Keller/McKay/etc aren't good, flip them for someone else
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks for the input! Since this is a daily league, I think I should have 1-2 spots open to plug in streamers (hitters included). Who would be your first cuts?

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham
UTIL- mountcastle

BN- seager
BN- Votto

SP- Castillo
SP- Corbin
SP- Maeda
SP- May
SP- Bauer
RP- Hudson
RP- Hand
P- bass
P- hendriks

BN- Burnes
BN- Sheffield
BN- Urquidy
BN- Heaney

IL- odorizzi
IL- CarMart
NA- Gore

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 am

Turnbull, Happ, McKay
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:56 am

That order
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:15 am

Unfamiliar with roto and daily strategies. Think that owning/streaming some RPs with SP elig to plug in for SPs with the day off is viable/beneficial? Thinking Strahm, Bedrosian, McHugh, Stanek types. If so, would you roster any of them over Turnbull/Happ/McKay?

1B- Alonso
2B- Happ
3B- JoRam
SS- Story
MI- Gurriel jr
CI- hosmer
OF- Harper
OF- Castellanos
OF- Franmil
OF- Grisham