Lagging In Standings Need Advice Moving Up

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Lagging In Standings Need Advice Moving Up

Postby LadyScorpio » Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Grey!

Last time I sought your advice (4/30/18), I was in 10th place. Presently, I am in 9th...yay. I've been battling to get my pitching stats back in place. Usually, with my SPs, I'd let the chips fall where they may and just start my guys. This year, I see that I can't be so laxed. I MUST play the matchups or otherwise, I will STAY in the basement of my league's standings. When you 1st evaluated my team, you said that my pitching might give me some problems because I didn't have a proven arm...you were RIGHT about that! Berrios seems to have gotten his act together and likewise with Ohtani. Pivetta was causing me fits, so I dropped him and grabbed Buehler. Pivetta has since righted the ship but now...he's on someone else's team. Meanwhile, my offense should be raking, but instead, they're flaking!!! You said that Freeman isn't playing at an elite level and he ISN'T!!!! I think that Acuna is a disappointment too!! Conforto appears to be waking from his coma, but Cruz seems to be stuck in his!!! Every time I bench Gallo, he goes off so I'll just keep him in the CI spot. I dropped Gyorko cause he wasn't playing every day and NOW HE IS...on someone else's team!!! When oh when is Calhoun getting the call up?!? Thank God Reyes is coming up next week!!!

Thanks to Inciarte and DeShields, the ONLY offensive category I lead in is SBs. UGH!!!! I'm SO DISGUSTED and I'm trying SO HARD!!! I know that playing fantasy sports requires patience, but I am at my wits end on how to help dig my team out from under. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to improve my team?!?

To recap...10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league

My Squad
C - Cervelli
1B - Freeman
2B - Schoop
SS - Asdrubal
3B - Andujar
CI - Gallo
MI -Goodrum
OF - Acuna, Conforto, Trout & Springer
U - DeShields & Inciarte
BN - Cruz (DTD), Hanson (DL) & Calhoun (NA)
SP - Ohtani, Buehler, Berrios, Wood, Happ, Taillon & Hellickson (for this week's matchups)
RP - Treinen, Greene, Rodney & Dominguez
BN - Soroka (DL) & A. Reyes (DL)
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Lagging In Standings Need Advice Moving Up

Postby Grey » Wed May 23, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Grey!

Last time I sought your advice (4/30/18), I was in 10th place. Presently, I am in 9th...yay. I've been battling to get my pitching stats back in place. Usually, with my SPs, I'd let the chips fall where they may and just start my guys. This year, I see that I can't be so laxed. I MUST play the matchups or otherwise, I will STAY in the basement of my league's standings. When you 1st evaluated my team, you said that my pitching might give me some problems because I didn't have a proven arm...you were RIGHT about that! Berrios seems to have gotten his act together and likewise with Ohtani. Pivetta was causing me fits, so I dropped him and grabbed Buehler. Pivetta has since righted the ship but now...he's on someone else's team. Meanwhile, my offense should be raking, but instead, they're flaking!!! You said that Freeman isn't playing at an elite level and he ISN'T!!!! I think that Acuna is a disappointment too!! Conforto appears to be waking from his coma, but Cruz seems to be stuck in his!!! Every time I bench Gallo, he goes off so I'll just keep him in the CI spot. I dropped Gyorko cause he wasn't playing every day and NOW HE IS...on someone else's team!!! When oh when is Calhoun getting the call up?!? Thank God Reyes is coming up next week!!!

Thanks to Inciarte and DeShields, the ONLY offensive category I lead in is SBs. UGH!!!! I'm SO DISGUSTED and I'm trying SO HARD!!! I know that playing fantasy sports requires patience, but I am at my wits end on how to help dig my team out from under. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to improve my team?!?

To recap...10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league

My Squad
C - Cervelli
1B - Freeman
2B - Schoop
SS - Asdrubal
3B - Andujar
CI - Gallo
MI -Goodrum
OF - Acuna, Conforto, Trout & Springer
U - DeShields & Inciarte
BN - Cruz (DTD), Hanson (DL) & Calhoun (NA)
SP - Ohtani, Buehler, Berrios, Wood, Happ, Taillon & Hellickson (for this week's matchups)
RP - Treinen, Greene, Rodney & Dominguez
BN - Soroka (DL) & A. Reyes (DL)
Conforto, Goodrum and Taillon aren't really ownable in a 10 team league right now... Conforto could come around, but you can't wait for him... Need to hit waivers to replace these guys... Who is out there?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Potential Replacements?

Postby LadyScorpio » Wed May 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Grey!

Thanks for getting back to me. I apologize for NOT including players that are available on waivers in my league in my previous email. Below is a list of players that could replace Conforto and Goodrum:

OFs
M. Kemp, M. Adams, Kepler, Para, Almora, B. Anderson, Schebler, Altherr, Trumbo & M. Williamson

MIs Available:
D. Roberston, Swanson, Rojas, M. Duffy, Profar, Peraza, Cozart & Zobrist
*Please note that I had Hansen and Kendrick at MI, but both got hurt. Then added Goodrum, who got 2/3, 2 Runs, HR, 2 RBIs, .667 AVG & 2.750 OPS today, which I sorely needed.

SPs Available:
Colon, Lugo, Andriese, Gsellman, Freeland, E Rodriguez, Gausman & Eflin

*Please note that I dropped Taillon and picked up Caleb Smith. I likewise dumped Hellickson for Trevor Cahill. My SPs are now: Ohtani, Buehler, Wood, Cahill, C. Smith, Berrios, Happ, Soroka (DL) & A. Reyes

ANY insight that you can provide, would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Many thanks,
LadyScorpio

Grey

Re: Potential Replacements?

Postby Grey » Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 am

Hi Grey!

Thanks for getting back to me. I apologize for NOT including players that are available on waivers in my league in my previous email. Below is a list of players that could replace Conforto and Goodrum:

OFs
M. Kemp, M. Adams, Kepler, Para, Almora, B. Anderson, Schebler, Altherr, Trumbo & M. Williamson

MIs Available:
D. Roberston, Swanson, Rojas, M. Duffy, Profar, Peraza, Cozart & Zobrist
*Please note that I had Hansen and Kendrick at MI, but both got hurt. Then added Goodrum, who got 2/3, 2 Runs, HR, 2 RBIs, .667 AVG & 2.750 OPS today, which I sorely needed.

SPs Available:
Colon, Lugo, Andriese, Gsellman, Freeland, E Rodriguez, Gausman & Eflin

*Please note that I dropped Taillon and picked up Caleb Smith. I likewise dumped Hellickson for Trevor Cahill. My SPs are now: Ohtani, Buehler, Wood, Cahill, C. Smith, Berrios, Happ, Soroka (DL) & A. Reyes

ANY insight that you can provide, would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Many thanks,
LadyScorpio
Kemp's been good all year, can play Adams when he plays; can ride out Goodrum if you like, none of these guys jump out for MI

Gausman's been solid

Caleb Smith is gonna give you a headache

Cahill's a solid pickup
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

THANK YOU!!!

Postby LadyScorpio » Thu May 24, 2018 8:56 am

Grey,

Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to answer my questions!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!! Please note that I have added Kemp and dropped Caleb Smith.

Thanks again for your advice!
LadyScorpio

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”