Fair or Not Fair Lineup manipulation.

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
DontHaveToCheat

Re: Fair or Not Fair Lineup manipulation.

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Thu May 18, 2017 2:22 pm

And that is why I have been asking, why even bother with listing positions?

Why not just field a team of 13 hitters even if they are all OF?

No one has really answered the question yet because I suspect calling a league where you could field a 'team' of all OF would be dumb.

Just as I feel it is dumb to play fantasy baseball without having all positions represented.

The commish of the league is extremely weak and pretty much just lets people get away with whatever they want, so the glitch in the software that allows the catcher to be empty and the team getting an extra roster spot goes unresolved.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 am

Answer me this: If someone has, say, Rizzo, and he's injured slightly, may not play for three days, does someone need to fill in for him every single game he's out?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

DontHaveToCheat

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 am

First, a three day injury is not the same as not playing a position the entire year to gain an extra bench spot. That is an apples to 747 jumbo jet comparison in my opinion.

Second what does a three day injury have to do with my question on why even have positions listed then?

Why not just have it be 13 hitters instead of the specific roster positions?

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri May 19, 2017 11:56 am

So it's fine to not have a 1B a few days but you have to have a catcher every day? Or do you have to have a catcher at least once a week? What's the rules about having a player starting at every position that would fix this in your opinion?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

BigAhnold

Postby BigAhnold » Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 pm

So it's fine to not have a 1B a few days but you have to have a catcher every day? Or do you have to have a catcher at least once a week? What's the rules about having a player starting at every position that would fix this in your opinion?
Preach, your Greyness!

Here is your proposed rule change DontHaveToCheat:

Must play a player at all listed positions at all times. Maximum 3 bench players.

Done.

For this year, you are stuck - if it does not say mandatory to play a catcher (or any other position) at all times, and the commissioner is not willing to give that to you - suck it up for 2017. Then propose the rule change next year, or find (or start) a league to your liking.
NL only, 5x5, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Contreras C Alfaro 1B Goldschmidt 2B JBaez SS Difo 3B TShaw MI EEscobar CI Longoria OF KBryant OF OHerrera OF Braun OF AJones OF Zagunis UT HPerez BN: LThomas
P Corbin P Woodruff P GMarquez P Pivetta P TWilliams P Urena P RRodriguez P Stammen P DeSclafani BN: TAnderson, Hellickson, Oh
DL: Knebel, Vizcaino, TTurner, Bader
Farm: BRodgers, Hiura, Trammel, AReyes

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Sisco C Astudillo 1B JAbreu 2B Merrifield SS Bogaerts 3B RNunez MI Fletcher CI Voit OF Betts OF JJay OF Naquin OF WCalhoun OF RGrosman UT RTellez
P Paxton P Snell P Kahnle P TMay P FPena P Bassitt P HRobles P AChapman P Alvarado
DL: Salazar, Stanton, Kiner-Falefa, AMondesi, McHugh
Minors:

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C Alfaro C DJansen 1B Encarnacion 2B JBaez SS Machado 3B YGurriel MI LeMahieu CI Hosmer OF Springer OF Dahl OF Braun OF Mazara OF Hoskins UT EEscobar Bench: KNewman, Dietrich, Laureano
P Gausman P Glasnow P GMarquez P ERodriguez P TWilliams P Snell P IKennedy P Iglesias P Brasier Bench: Toussaint, Lovelady, DRobertson, Kikuchi
DL Heany

DontHaveToCheat

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Fri May 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Why is it so hard to answer the question about "Why not just eliminate positions and play 13 hitters?"

I've asked it about four times now.

And in response to Rizzo being hurt for a couple days, you are ignoring that by him not playing the team is not gaining an extra bench spot because you certainly aren't going to be dropping Rizzo to leave the 1B spot open to pick up the extra bench player.

The 1b spot still has a player in it even if he isn't playing in real life. The position is still filled, unlike my example.

Again apples to 747 jumbo jet airplane.

So in that example it would be ok to leave an injured Rizzo at 1b for a few days because you aren't gaining an extra bench spot.

And I am not talking about not having a catcher play everyday. I am talking about having a catcher play ZERO games.

I will wait for the endless list of questions in response to my one simple question instead of just answering the question.
Last edited by DontHaveToCheat on Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DontHaveToCheat

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Fri May 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Here is your proposed rule change DontHaveToCheat:

Must play a player at all listed positions at all times. Maximum 3 bench players.

Done.
You mean like at least 95% of fantasy baseball leagues?

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Why is it so hard to answer the question about "Why not just eliminate positions and play 13 hitters?"

I've asked it about four times now.

And in response to Rizzo being hurt for a couple days, you are ignoring that by him not playing the team is not gaining an extra bench spot because you certainly aren't going to be dropping Rizzo to leave the 1B spot open to pick up the extra bench player.

The 1b spot still has a player in it even if he isn't playing in real life. The position is still filled, unlike my example.

Again apples to 747 jumbo jet airplane.

So in that example it would be ok to leave an injured Rizzo at 1b for a few days because you aren't gaining an extra bench spot.

And I am not talking about not having a catcher play everyday. I am talking about having a catcher play ZERO games.

I will wait for the endless list of questions in response to my one simple question instead of just answering the question.
If I'm following correctly, you're saying you would be fine with any catcher at the catcher position, as long as the team has a catcher. So, if they had Dustin Garneau, who's in the minors, as their catcher that would be fine? How is that more like real baseball?
Grey Albright

Thanks!

DontHaveToCheat

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 am

Yes, because the required position would be occupied and the team wouldn't be gaining an advantage by having a fourth bench spot.

If the owner is dumb enough to put a minor leaguer as an active player, that is on him.

Real baseball calls up players from the minors and play them all the time.
Last edited by DontHaveToCheat on Sat May 20, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DontHaveToCheat

Postby DontHaveToCheat » Sat May 20, 2017 11:11 am

"Why not just eliminate positions and play 13 hitters?"