Pitching Changes: Release the Sharknado

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
TheHoffmeister

Pitching Changes: Release the Sharknado

Postby TheHoffmeister » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Preliminaries:
League rules: 7x7 H2H. We can keep [K] 6 players at a 2-round penalty from the previous year's draft position.
Offensive categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, E, AVE, OPS
Pitching categories: W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Well, I think it's time to make some changes with the pitching staff. I seem to have gotten a lot of high-risk/high-reward type young pitchers, which basically provides me with a high ERA, high Ks, average WHIP, and more losses. Toss in Samardzjia's inconsistency and...well...time to go fishing, methinks.

Here's what I've got currently:

STARTERS

Jake Arrietta [K]
Lance McCullers
Mike Foltynewicz
Collin McHugh
Jeff Samardzjia
Jimmy Nelson
Clay Buchholz
DL-Patrick Corbin

I'm thinking it's time to part ways with Samardzjia and possibly Nelson. I have some roster space with Beltre and Hambone on the DL for at least a few weeks, so I don't necessarily *have* to drop anyone. But I can't really trust either of those guys in any matchup right now. I'm inclined to stick with Nelson, since he was a FA add and I can keep him for two years basically for a warm 6-pack if he pulls it together. The Shark? Not really worth a bucket of hot chum at the moment.

Here's what's out there on the FA wire:

Mike Fiers (who I previously dropped)
Jesse Chavez
Miguel Gonzalez
Mike Boslinger
Nate Karns
Tim Lincecum
Chad Bettis
Kyle Gibson
Charlie Morton
Mike Wright
Wei-Yin Chen
Yovani Gallardo
Trevor May
Tsuyoshi Wada

So here's the question: Should I drop either Samardzjia or Nelson at the moment? Regardless of dropping anyone, which two of the guys on the wire look like the best pickups?

I'm thinking Chavez and maybe Fiers?

Fiers is like a passive-aggressive bad boyfriend, but I can't ignore the strikeouts. . Everyone else looks like they are passably average...until I pick them up for the inevitable "Regression Fairy" start.

Thanks!

Grey

Re: Pitching Changes: Release the Sharknado

Postby Grey » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:10 pm

Fiers over Shark
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

TheHoffmeister

Re: Pitching Changes: Release the Sharknado

Postby TheHoffmeister » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks Grey!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”