AL Only - Who to drop?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
BigAhnold

AL Only - Who to drop?

Postby BigAhnold » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Got some guys coming off the DL, so need to make some moves.

AL only, 4x4, keeper, 10 teams, $260 budget, team in signature. Currently in second, so playing for 2014.

Hitting:

Drop one of the following (players with "2014" are lost at the end of this year, so their salary does not matter):

Swisher (2014)
Chris Carter (2014)
Lorenzo Cain (2014)
Daniel Nava $5
Kyle Blanks $5
Austin Jackson $12

My head says Blanks, as he has only been playing every 4 days or so, but my heart says every time he is in he does something good. Unlike, oh, say, Swisher and Carter.

Pitching:

I have David Robertson and had been holding Shawn Kelley as Robertson insurance.

Drop one:

Sergio Santos $6
Joba Chamberlain $5
Shawn Kelley $5
Drew Hutchison $5

My head says Kelley, but am still stinging from the Robertson DL stint. But Bettances may have leapfrogged Kelley.

All help appreciated.

BigA
NL only, 5x5, 8 team, Roto, keeper
C C Alfaro 1B 2B Hiura SS TTurner 3B EEscobar MI KNewman CI OF Dahl OF Braun OF OF OF UT BN:
P P P GMarquez P P P P P KKela P DeSclafani BN:
DL:
Farm: BRodgers, Trammel

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Sisco C Astudillo 1B JAbreu 2B Merrifield SS Bogaerts 3B RNunez MI Fletcher CI Voit OF OF Stanton OF Naquin OF WCalhoun OF UT AMondesi
P P Snell P Kahnle P TMay P FPena P Karinchak P HRobles P P Alvarado
DL:
Minors:

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, H2H, keeper
C Contreras C Ramos 1B Abreu 2B Albies SS Bichette 3B JDDavis MI Edman CI Kingery OF EJimenez OF Ozuna OF Conforto OF Benintendi OF Gallo UT FReyes Bench: MChavis, Fletcher
P Corbin P Woodruff P Bumgarner P Yarbrough P Ryu P Urias P NAnderson P Hendricks P AChapman Bench: Civale, Chirinos, MBarnes, Bassitt, Cueto
DL

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C C 1B 2B SS 3B MI CI OF OF OF OF OF UT Bench:
P P P P P P P P P Bench:
DL [/size]

Hebrew Hammer

Re: AL Only - Who to drop?

Postby Hebrew Hammer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Blanks or Nava.

Kelley is fine to drop but if you want him as insurance send Santos packing. No way he gets saves again.

Deltron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: AL Only - Who to drop?

Postby Deltron » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Blanks is dealing with a calf injury, he's fine to drop. If anything happens to Robertson, Betances will move into the closer role. Flip a coin between Kelley and Santos.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”