Took over a Keeper team

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Took over a Keeper team

Postby CarlWeathers » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 am

Hey folks! I am fired up for 2014 now. I have took over the following team, I can keep up to 5 and for each guy I keep I lose draft picks starting in round 1. Ie. Keep 3 dudes, draft starts in 4th round for me.

There are 8 teams. I would love some input on who to keep, and also I know that Kipnis wont be kept -s o wondering if I should trade picks to get him, like I send a 6th rounder and get Kipnis and an 8th round pick (balance picks)? Send a 7th for Kipnis and a 10th??

2 week long Head to Head matchups, points system)
Roster = C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4xOF, 3 UTIL and 7 SP, 2 RP

Carlos Santana (C, 1B)
AGon
Aaron Hill
Brett Lawrie
Jed Lowrie
Hunter Pence
Cuddyer
Yoenis
David Wright
Brandon Moss
Eric Hosmer

Teheran
Hamels
D. Price
Anibal
J. SHields
Ubaldo
Greg Holland
Tyson Ross

I dont think I should keep 5 because theres bound to be nice guys to draft in first 5 rounds??, but was thinking David Wright, Hosmer, Teheran, Anibal. And as mentioned I could probably get Kipnis. Should I be aggressive in trying for other trades?

jreason11

Re: Took over a Keeper team

Postby jreason11 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Do you have to keep anyone? since you dont have any first round talent, you might be better off taking none of these players back and youd still have the opportunity to draft wright in the 1st round if he's the best player available (assuming no one else keeps 0 players).

If you want to keep people, wright and hosmer are the only two I would keep, no one else has even top 5rd value. If kipnis isnt being kept, theres a great chance you would be able to draft him in rd 3.

@friendoffantasy
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

Bench: Pujols,

SP- Harvey, Miller, Samardzija, Cole
RP-

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CarlWeathers » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 am

Do you think that if there are going to be probably around 35 keepers (if I dont keep any), that guys like Anibal and Wright oughta be kept. Or I will probably just be wanting to draft them again.

I mean, the guys who are worthy of top 3-4 round picks will be gone already.

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Took over a Keeper team (Grey?)

Postby CarlWeathers » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Keep noone? Keep anyone who would be top 40 in keeper ranks?

jreason11

Postby jreason11 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Im assuming every other team will be keeping at least one player. If you kept no one, you would have the 1st pick available from everyone going back. I dont think you have anyone that is valued as even a top 16 pick (with wright being the exception if you believe in him). I would draft Kipnis over Wright.

If you keep no one, and you know Kipnis is going to be put into the draft pool, are you not guaranteed Kipnis? Followed with the likelihood of being the only person not keeping at least 2 players, which would give you the opportunity two draft back to back (Kipnis/Wright)?

Your probably the only person that doesn't have bonified 1/2 talent, and likely will get multiple rounds of being the only person available to draft (numerous picks in a row). By keeping no one you wont have to worry about not getting kipnis if you dont draft high in the redraft rounds- and would likely be able to start your team kipnis, wright, hosmer (or if another team is stacked and putting a greater player back) no matter what without worrying about who other people keep.
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

RP-

jreason11

Postby jreason11 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 pm

I guess what I'm saying is if you think other teams are keeping 4+ players ( as I'm sure many of them will) why not give your self the freedom to draft best player available instead of guaranteeing those guys on your team? I have to assume a better player than Anibal will be throwing back into the draft that you could draft in the "extra" rounds you get from not keeping anyone.

Best 4 players are the 4 you mentioned, but do you think:

Wrights a top 8?
Hosmer a top 16?
Sanchez and Teherhan are top 32?

Why not give your self a chance to see what goes back into the pool and draft accordingly?
Sorry if Im way off base in understanding.
12 team 6 keeper.

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

RP-

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CarlWeathers » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:38 am

No I think you got it, and I see your point. I think every team is keeping 5 with the exception of one team that is keeping 2. I am going to probably keep Wright, and only him, because I think hes worth Round 1 pick when considering that the best 3B guys will be keepers. I put more emphasis on having strength at 1B, 2B and 3B as well, because I am very active and can upgrade SPs and OFers if needed more successfully than others in season.

I will also try to get Kipnis nice and cheap, because the cost of losing a very very early pick due to keeping him is very big.

Thanks

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”