I've listened and now I'm in dead last.

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
TheShelbySensation

I've listened and now I'm in dead last.

Postby TheShelbySensation » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:34 am

I don't know what I can do to improve this team besides a fire sale. I'm well on my way to my 6th straight week lost and am currently down 14-2 on the matchup. My team gets absolutely crushed each and every week. Is it just a bad team? I'm thinking it's time to blow it up and start over.
Yahoo 12 team - Lots of counting stats

C:
1B:
2B:
3B:
SS:
OF:
OF:
OF:
UTIL:
UTIL:
BN:

SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
RP:
RP:
RP:

nyphilsphan
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: I've listened and now I'm in dead last.

Postby nyphilsphan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

Maybe 10 X 10 categories just makes winning in your league that much more unpredictable? If you look at your first place team, does the roster resemble a team you would have drafted? Your hitting looks solid, unlucky with Hamilton and Bourn but it's still spring. And your pitching has been extremely unlucky with Greinke, Hamels, Strasburg, Dickey, and now Moore. So, hold(ish). Def no blow up.
CBS H2H Points
C - McCann 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Kipnis 3B - Mig Cabrera SS - Hardy
OF - Bautista J Upton A Jackson Heyward U - D Brown
SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

Chrisjen17

Postby Chrisjen17 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 am

Your team doesnt look bad to me.
Have you looked at some past matchups to try to isolate where you are getting beat?
If you are on Yahoo, its easy to look at the entire season results to see where you are lacking.
Try that, and if there are a few categories you are just barely losing..move someone who doesnt contribute to them for someone who does.
10x10 Keeper League, 5 moves per season

TheShelbySensation

Postby TheShelbySensation » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 am

Hoping a few of those guys will turn it on. My team ranks pretty lousy in all pitching categories. Really need QS, W and ERA. I'm also losing SB each week. Bourn doesn't seem to be swiping bags.
Yahoo 12 team - Lots of counting stats

C:
1B:
2B:
3B:
SS:
OF:
OF:
OF:
UTIL:
UTIL:
BN:

SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
SP:
RP:
RP:
RP:

Chrisjen17

Postby Chrisjen17 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Yep, you think you can package Bourne and Dickey for a better SP and fill the OF position from waivers with a non-steals guy? I say Bourne, cause he is a lower avg. and K's a lot....hurting you in several categories.
Try that, and if it doesnt work maybe use Altuve. Looking for a second time, your RP is kind of lousy and I bet it blows up your ERA every time those guys blow a save/hold.
10x10 Keeper League, 5 moves per season

Special_K

Postby Special_K » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

Your team looked great on draft day but you got nailed by a bunch of underperformers and injuries.

Is this your whole team and if so do you start all of them or have a couple of bench spots?

The one thing I see is that SB guys are less valuable in a 10x10 than other formats but you may have some owners that don't think that way. Try and trade your SB guys (Bourn, Altuve) for a player(s) that contribute to multiple cats.

Your probably winning the saves category most weeks. But, you may be able to flip Brothers while he has the closer gig.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”