My pitching needs help in a big way!

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Giacoo

My pitching needs help in a big way!

Postby Giacoo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I am not too happy with this pitching roster. I don't think I can compete against the better teams in my league to make it in playoffs or win the ROS. My starters are killing me and the ERs I am last in the league.

Gallardo was crushed again. Latos has sucked, etc. I have a bad feeling these players on my roster are probably getting tired?

I may have drafted the wrong players and not think about which teams in the MLB will be fighting for playoff spot at end of season.

So, which players on the FA should I consider for ROS? And anyone on my roster to consider dropping?

Thanks!

H2H mixed, weekly matchups, 12 team, daily, W-L-T
W, K, ER, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, CG, SHO, NH, PG, SV, HLD

ROSTER
SP Mat Latos (Cin - SP)
SP Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
SP Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP)
RP Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP)
RP Ernesto Frieri (LAA - RP)
RP Casey Janssen (Tor - RP)
P Tom Wilhelmsen (Sea - RP)
BN Matt Cain (SF - SP)
BN Wandy Rodriguez (Pit - SP)

FA
Paul Maholm (ChC - SP)
Homer Bailey (Cin - SP)
Hiroki Kuroda (NYY - SP)
Barry Zito (SF - SP)
Carlos Villanueva (Tor - SP,RP)
Kevin Correia (Pit - SP)
Ross Detwiler (Was - SP,RP)
Jason Marquis (SD - SP)
Joe Blanton (Phi - SP)
Roy Oswalt (Tex - SP)
Clay Buchholz (Bos - SP)
Zach McAllister (Cle - SP)
Wei-Yin Chen (Bal - SP)
Tommy Milone (Oak - SP)
Ross Ohlendorf (SD - SP)
Mike Minor (Atl - SP)
Joe Saunders (Ari - SP)
Mike Fiers (Mil - SP,RP)
Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP)
Jake Westbrook (StL - SP)
Derek Holland (Tex - SP)
Josh Collmenter (Ari - SP,RP)
Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
Randy Wolf (Mil - SP)
Jason Vargas (Sea - SP)
Gavin Floyd (CWS - SP)

aethomp1

Re: My pitching needs help in a big way!

Postby aethomp1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Yahoo 12 team daily h2h. 5 moves/week
R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG
IP, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

C - Gattis
1B - Todd Fraizer [k]
2B - Schoop [k]
3B - Arenado [k]
SS - Addison Russell
OF - McCutchen [k], Trumbo, Desmond
UTIL - Rendon
BN - Max Kepler

SP - Kluber [k], Carrasco [K]
RP - Greg Holland, Kelvin Herrera
P - Kintzler, Dyson
BN - Joe Ross, Duffy [k], Nova, Carlos Martinez [k], Skaggs

Wallpaper Paterson

Postby Wallpaper Paterson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Niese, Bailey, Rodriguez is my ranking order. So, if I were in your shoes, I would drop Wandy Rodriguez and add Niese.

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks for the response. Great stuff there although...

I don’t think it works anywhere near as well in H2H (pay – per – transaction) leagues, especially those with weekly limits to moves (3). The key in H2H is numbers – the more starters you can use, the better. You want to compile large numbers of K’s and Wins. You might actually take ERA and WHIP, but even if you don’t, you have pretty much assured at least a split. Fred’s system works in a format with start limits, such as Razzball RCL’s.

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Niese, Bailey, Rodriguez is my ranking order. So, if I were in your shoes, I would drop Wandy Rodriguez and add Niese.
Thanks for the response. And you would not consider any other drops?

Also, what about owning Hiroki Kuroda? The guy has had 1 CG, 1 SHO, 10 W, 48 ER, 104 Ks, 3.34 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 3.03 K/BB for the season. I am surprised no one even mentions him.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Lose Wandy to Niese is a bit of a toss up on matchups... If it's a pay per transaction league, it's not a definite move... Kuroda's not really the answer, but Latos has been so iffy... I'd go with Niese over Latos...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 am

Lose Wandy to Niese is a bit of a toss up on matchups... If it's a pay per transaction league, it's not a definite move... Kuroda's not really the answer, but Latos has been so iffy... I'd go with Niese over Latos...
Interesting. Exactly where do you see a flaw this year with Kuroda? He's on a great power team. He's getting wins and great overall stats - for the season. I'm just curious what I am missing.

I wish there was a way to copy and paste the stats as I see it in my league Yahoo.

I can't even use the link because is a private league.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 am

Well, if he tires and goes against the AL East it's gonna be a mess, but you're right his previous stats look fine...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm

What about Maholm, Bailey, Collmenter?

After digging some more, I found this guy on FA. Hidden gem? Yes, one game. :)

Matt Harvey (NYM - SP)
xERA = 1.89
K/9 = 18.6
GB% = 33
H% = 43 (Hit Rate)
S% = 100 (Strike %)

Thoughts about these players?

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Bailey
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”