Time to move Nick Swisher?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Giacoo

Time to move Nick Swisher?

Postby Giacoo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I know he's been injured and I wonder if it's hindering my roster space?

I could go Swisher for Ike Davis to get the power/improving average combination? But he's strikes out a ton and has really slowed down and his AVG lately. I need production for ROS to make the push and shore up my roster.

Although, there are some nice options..

Perhaps Murphy with mutliposition but no power and SB, Chris Young, Chip of the old block (but how long he holds out?), surprisingly Theriot has been doing well since off the DL, Plouffe may go on DL nad has not been playing..too bad.

What's the best complement for my roster? I hate giving up power..but..

Thanks!

H2H-mixed, 12 team, daily. Can only have 2BN.
R H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI SB TB A FPCT AVG OPS CYC OFA

Roster
C Carlos Ruiz (Phi - C)
1B Adrian Gonzalez (Bos - 1B,OF)
2B Aaron Hill (Ari - 2B)
3B Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B,3B)
SS Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
OF Matt Holliday (StL - OF)
OF Melky Cabrera (SF - OF)
OF Jason Kubel (Ari - OF)
Util Howie Kendrick (LAA - 1B,2B,OF)

BN Shane Victorino (Phi - OF)
BN Nick Swisher (NYY - 1B,OF)
DL Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)

FA
Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B,3B)
Chris Young (Ari - OF)
Josh Rutledge (Col - SS)
Brennan Boesch (Det - OF)
Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF)
Ryan Theriot (SF - 2B,SS)
Pedro Alvarez (Pit - 3B)
Chipper Jones (Atl - 3B)
Omar Infante (Det - 2B)
Jose Altuve (Hou - 2B)
Desmond Jennings (TB - OF)
Trevor Plouffe (Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
Cody Ross (Bos - OF)
Ike Davis (NYM - 1B)
Last edited by Giacoo on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grey

Re: Time to move Nick Swisher?

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Go with Murphy over Swisher...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 am

First observation: Could Murphy lose PT to Jordany Valdespin (NYM - 2B,SS,OF)?

Okay, I took an inside look whom I think fits my team best:

Trevor Plouffe (Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF) - could do a little better than .250 with 8 home runs.
Cody Ross (Bos - OF) - should do about the same, with an extra SB or two and some extra runs and RBI in the better offense.
Pedro Alvarez (Pit - 3B) - should hit around .240 with 11-12 more home runs.
Chris Young (Ari - OF) - should hit around .240 with 8 home runs and 8 stolen bases.
Jose Altuve (Hou - 2B) - should hit about .290 with 3-4 homers and 11-15 stolen bases.
Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B,3B) - should hit .290 with 3 homers and 3 stolen bases, so could be less or equal with Altuve? But that darn multiposition!

I've come to realize that the categories in my league count a single three times, which sucks, but it's how it is. So my league actually favors the Daniel Murphy / Jose Altuve / Used-to-be Ichiros of the world....I think.

Hence, our stats pretty much triple-count a single... so I guess I want batting average guys. Then work around that.

Altuve would be good....and he looks comfortable at the plate right now, but his runs and RBI suffer because of the poor lineup around him. And those are of course stats most of use......so.

Or am I way off base and...singles seem to be disproportionately weighted in the categories but not to such an extent as to create a significant bias?

Wallpaper Paterson

Postby Wallpaper Paterson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 pm

It is not likely. Unless he gets injured, Murphy is going to pretty much play everyday. He also has some trade value. If Murphy were to get traded, Valdespin probably would play at 2B some. However, the Mets would prefer to keep him in the outfield. Sandy Alderson said CF is a possible spot for Valdespin in 2013.

Giacoo

Postby Giacoo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 am

It is not likely. Unless he gets injured, Murphy is going to pretty much play everyday. He also has some trade value. If Murphy were to get traded, Valdespin probably would play at 2B some. However, the Mets would prefer to keep him in the outfield. Sandy Alderson said CF is a possible spot for Valdespin in 2013.
Murphy is a butcher in the field. That's why he could lose playing time particularly as the Mets fall out of contention, Collins will want to see what he can expect from guys like valdespin. Murphy is pretty well known - decent bat, cast-iron glove.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”