Newly drafted team...give it to me straight

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
bmoreboy3
Sponsor
Sponsor

Newly drafted team...give it to me straight

Postby bmoreboy3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

12 team H2H keeper league
6x6 Ops and QS
Prices follow players through trades and FA
+$3 to keep the following year

C- Mike Napoli K $9
1B- Ike Davis $14
2B- Rickie Weeks $13
3B- Mark Reynolds $9
SS- Troy Tulowitzki K $40
IF- Adam Lind $4
OF- Matt Kemp K $35
OF- Drew Stubbs K $7
OF- Brett Gardner $12
OF- Nick Markakis $6
Util- Billy Butler $14
Bench- Mike Moustakas K $6, Austin Jackson $3, Danny Espinosa $2, Zack Cozart $3, Jose Altuve $1

Pitchers
SPx2- Zack Greinke K $22, Ubaldo Jimenez $8
RPx2- Addison Reed $6, Jason Motte $11, Mike Adams $3, Matt Thornton $5, Alfredo Aceves $2
Px4- Max Scherzer $8, Mike Minor $7, Tim Stauffer $4, Brad Peacock $1

Boy did pitching cost a lot. Inflation was in full swing during the back end of this draft. I identified that my keepers were in the bottom 3rd of teams as far as difference between keeper value and actual cost and that it was going to be hard to compete with other teams having such fantastic keepers. Hoping I get 6 great values out of this bunch or that I can trade or other teams awesome keepers around playoff time.

What do you think?

Grey

Re: Newly drafted team...give it to me straight

Postby Grey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 pm

12 team H2H keeper league
6x6 Ops and QS
Prices follow players through trades and FA
+$3 to keep the following year

C- Mike Napoli K $9
1B- Ike Davis $14
2B- Rickie Weeks $13
3B- Mark Reynolds $9
SS- Troy Tulowitzki K $40
IF- Adam Lind $4
OF- Matt Kemp K $35
OF- Drew Stubbs K $7
OF- Brett Gardner $12
OF- Nick Markakis $6
Util- Billy Butler $14
Bench- Mike Moustakas K $6, Austin Jackson $3, Danny Espinosa $2, Zack Cozart $3, Jose Altuve $1

Pitchers
SPx2- Zack Greinke K $22, Ubaldo Jimenez $8
RPx2- Addison Reed $6, Jason Motte $11, Mike Adams $3, Matt Thornton $5, Alfredo Aceves $2
Px4- Max Scherzer $8, Mike Minor $7, Tim Stauffer $4, Brad Peacock $1

Boy did pitching cost a lot. Inflation was in full swing during the back end of this draft. I identified that my keepers were in the bottom 3rd of teams as far as difference between keeper value and actual cost and that it was going to be hard to compete with other teams having such fantastic keepers. Hoping I get 6 great values out of this bunch or that I can trade or other teams awesome keepers around playoff time.

What do you think?
With QS, I would've took a bit better of a pitching staff... You don't need 5 bench bats either... Hitting looks fair, bit low on average and high on injury risk...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

bravo0919

Postby bravo0919 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am

I like to build the corners - 1st and 3rd would spend less on 2nd and SS but that's just me. Ubaldo as a #2 is a tad risky. gl

bmoreboy3
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby bmoreboy3 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 am

I think I'm forced into waiting for next year, which was in my mind going into the draft. Wait and see who pans out during the season and then around play off time deal off the big guys to contending teams for good keepers or better keepers.
6x6 (OPS/QS) 12 Team Keeper Auction Mixed League on Yahoo, 5th year
- +$3 inflation on 6 keeper players (cost to keep this year is shown)
- Auction values follow players in trades
- 6x6 OPS and QS, 27 roster spots (including 8 bench)
- 3 DL

C- 1b- 2b- 3b- SS- IF- OFx3- UT- UT-
SPx2- RPx2- Px4-
Benchx8-

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”