Preemptive Keeper Talks

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
beantownmp

Preemptive Keeper Talks

Postby beantownmp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 pm

10 team 5x5 Roto. We keep 7 players for an unlimited length of time. Teams are fairly deep with: C 1b 2b 3b SS MI CI 5OF 2UT 5SP 3RP 5Bench.

My keepers right now are tentatively:

Pujols
Phillips
Rollins
Youkilis
Kemp
Cruz/Bruce
Kershaw

I'm in talks with 2 owners right now for a Rollins trade. Both a 1 for 1. Rollins for Price or Rollins for Haren.

Looking at my keepers for this year and beyond, do you think I'm better off with Rollins, Price, or Haren.

Remember there is no time limit on keepers. That alone makes Price very tempting. Thanks.
10 Team 5x5 7 Keepers 1500IP Max
Inglorious Batturs
Fielder, Longoria, Kemp, J.Upton, Wainwright, Kershaw, & (Werth or Jeter)

Grey

Re: Preemptive Keeper Talks

Postby Grey » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:32 pm

10 team 5x5 Roto. We keep 7 players for an unlimited length of time. Teams are fairly deep with: C 1b 2b 3b SS MI CI 5OF 2UT 5SP 3RP 5Bench.

My keepers right now are tentatively:

Pujols
Phillips
Rollins
Youkilis
Kemp
Cruz/Bruce
Kershaw

I'm in talks with 2 owners right now for a Rollins trade. Both a 1 for 1. Rollins for Price or Rollins for Haren.

Looking at my keepers for this year and beyond, do you think I'm better off with Rollins, Price, or Haren.

Remember there is no time limit on keepers. That alone makes Price very tempting. Thanks.
A 20/20 SS is better than a pitcher.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

beantownmp

Postby beantownmp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 pm

A 20/20 SS is better than a pitcher.
In a limitless keeper, and when that SS is injury prone and on the decline, I don't think its that cut and dry. Especially when one SP is young with a huge ceiling on a top 3 MLB team and the other SP is the closest thing to a fantasy lock for 200ip + 200k's.

My league is huge on pitching. Out of the 10 teams I bet half will keep 3 SPs of their 7 keepers. Almost a guarantee that everyone keeps 2. That's 25 SPs. You figure there's maybe a handful of keeper SS and even then, not many substantially better #s than the non kept SS'. Whereas the difference from Price or Haren to who I'd draft I think would be much much larger.

With all that said, you still sticking to your guns with Rollins?
10 Team 5x5 7 Keepers 1500IP Max
Inglorious Batturs
Fielder, Longoria, Kemp, J.Upton, Wainwright, Kershaw, & (Werth or Jeter)

daver

Postby daver » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 pm

I wouldn't call Rollins injury prone yet. Yes, he likely played through an injury last year and has been hurt this year, but he's otherwise had a very healthy career. In a vacuum, I'd go with Rollins over Price or Haren ... even in a lifetime keeper league. If your league significantly overvalues starting pitching, then I can see the argument for dealing Rollins for Price, but if it were me, I'd stick with JRoll.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”